News Network Logo

The hunt for missing Briton Jay Slater has taken a new dramatic turn after the teen's father has put Spanish investigators on blast.

Warren Slater forms part of a troupe of the 19-year-old's family and friends who have travelled to Tenerife to try and find Jay - but now, he has demanded answers on why police didn't pursue a specific lead.

Slater, from Oswaldtwistle in Lancashire, disappeared after setting off to walk back to his accommodation on the holiday island on June 17.

He had travelled to an Airbnb in the village of Masca rented by two "grown men" - but the pair were later ruled "not relevant" to the case, according to reports.

Warren said: "My only question is - and this is where you start the investigation from - why did two grown men take a young boy to a valley to a bed and breakfast? I can't understand that.

"Why? Why? You need to ask them why and then start from there," Jay's dad asked, speaking to the Sun.

The father's plea follows a reveal from TV investigator Mark Williams-Thomas that the 19-year-old left the £40-per-night rental property feeling "scared".

Williams-Thomas said Slater did not want to return to the Airbnb - despite desperately needing water and his phone being on the brink of running out of battery.

MORE ON THE SEARCH FOR JAY SLATER:

Jay Slater mystery: Police probe 'new lead' as GoFundMe appeal for missing teenager set to hit £50,000
Jay Slater 'admitted to stealing £12,000 Rolex' just hours before disappearance ex-detective claims friends have told him
Jay Slater: Spanish Police criticised for 'overlooking basics' as mystery Airbnb man revealed

The apprentice bricklayer's dad claimed Spanish police - who tend to be more reticent with giving out updates than their British counterparts, according to Gerard Couzens - were not telling the Slaters enough about their ongoing investigation.

Warren said: "I've gone past the sadness bit... I'm angry, if that makes any sense. I'm angry that nothing's happened."

He added that he thought it impossible that his son would "just disappear", citing Jay's fitness and youth as reasons he could have made it out of the Rural de Teno park of his own accord.

But Jay's father - who is in Tenerife alongside the teen's brother and uncle - isn't the only family member to have spoken out about how they feel.

In the wake of last week's news that Spanish authorities had officially brought their search for Slater to an end, Jay's mother Debbie Duncan released a heartbreaking statement detailing the family's ongoing "pain and anger".

Duncan said: "We are a very close family and are absolutely devastated about his disappearance.

"Words cannot describe the pain and agony we are experiencing.

"He is our beautiful boy with his whole life ahead of him and we just want to find him."

News
World News
UK News
Devon News

Weather
World Weather
UK Weather
Devon Weather

Business
Directory
UK Jobs
Devon Jobs
Business Networking

News Network Logo

Travel
World Travel
UK Travel
Devon Travel
Hotels
Flights

Things To Do
Restaurants
Entertainment
Events
Offers

Contact
Directory Contact
Jobs Contact
Business Networking Contact
Adverts Contact

Copyright News Network © 2024 All Rights Reserved