News Network Logo

The family of missing teenager Jay Slater have been offered help from an investigator who worked on the Madeline McCann case.

Mark Williams-Thomas, a former detective, reached out to Slater’s mother Debbie Duncan to offer his assistance in the search for her son, as the case enters its seventh day.

Williams-Thomas, who led a TV investigation into the prime Maddie suspect Christian Brueckner, said he believes he would be able to work out whether there was a “third party” involved in the 19-year-old’s disappearance.

He posted on social media today: “I have this morning reached out to missing Jay Slater’s mum offering the help of my team to get her answers as to what has happened to Jay.

“Lots of speculation about what could have happened and if they give me total access and with feet on the ground I will very quickly be able to say if his disappearance is him alone or if it has third party involvement.”

The McCanns have previously slammed the former police officer for sharing conspiracy theories about their daughter, who disappeared in Portugal in 2007.

Slater flew from Lancashire to the Canary Islands for a music festival when he disappeared after he went to stay with people he met during a night out on June 16.

During his final call to his friend Lucy Law at 8am local time on Monday, the 19-year-old said his phone had only one per cent battery, he was thirsty and he did not know where he was.

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS:

Jay Slater's friend pleads 'stop torturing his mum' after devastating messagesMissing persons expert highlights key concern in Jay Slater huntMissing persons expert shares major concern as Jay Slater disappearance hits one week

His last location shows the Rural de Teno Park - an area popular among hikers. He has not been seen since and the search and rescue operation is now in its seventh day.

Earlier today, police in Tenerife honed in on specific buildings in the region to locate the missing teenager.

In the middle of the sparse bushland, with a terrain that has been described as "a complete nightmare", rescuers have focused their search efforts on two small brick buildings where his phone last pinged.

Following his disappearance, a frenzy of wild claims have been made on social media, vile messages have been sent to his mum and friends have even claimed that Slater's Instagram account had been hacked.

Hitting out at the reaction today, Rachel Hargreaves, a friend of the teenager, has begged people to show respect towards Slater’s family.

She wrote on Facebook: “All the groups are full of trolls and sickos.”

“I can’t believe some people are actually this sick in the head there are people hacking my accounts and jays family’s making it pure lies and pretending we are all in it," she said.

“Jay's missing and it’s absolutely soul destroying.”

The NRG festival issued a statement in which it said it was able to “give some practical support” to Slater’s family.

The statement read: “That such a devastating situation has arisen has deeply affected us all.

“We have been able to give some practical support to the members of Jay’s family who have come to Tenerife in such difficult circumstances, and we are inspired by their resilience and determination.”

British Police in Lancashire are said to have made “an offer of support to the Guardia Civil to see if they need any additional resources” in their efforts to find the teenager.

However, the police in Tenerife have reportedly declined the offer and are continuing the efforts themselves.

News
World News
UK News
Devon News

Weather
World Weather
UK Weather
Devon Weather

Business
Directory
UK Jobs
Devon Jobs
Business Networking

News Network Logo

Travel
World Travel
UK Travel
Devon Travel
Hotels
Flights

Things To Do
Restaurants
Entertainment
Events
Offers

Contact
Directory Contact
Jobs Contact
Business Networking Contact
Adverts Contact

Copyright News Network © 2024 All Rights Reserved